28 January 2011

Share My Fashion Addictions Interviews Celebrity Hairstylist Amoy Pitters

From sleekly styling the tresses of such stars as Naomi Campbell, Alicia Keys, Sheryl Crow and Rihanna, to crafting the hair designs on runways of such legendary fashion houses as Christian Dior, hairstylist, Amoy has established herself as an authority on all things beauty and style.
Today, her impressive clientele includes Iman, Kerry Washington, Mary J. Blige, Joy Bryant, Selita Ebanks and Maggie Rizer.

Setting herself apart from others in the industry is Amoy's hands-on method to developing her techniques- unlike many stylists, Amoy practices her styling techniques on herself before applying them on clients. Following such an approach allows Amoy to develop and discover new cuts, shapes and colors, ensuring that her style and vision are always evolving.

One of Amoy's most sought-after signature styles is extensions. Amoy's expertise also includes editorial, bridal, celebrity, blow-dry, cut and color styling.

Share My Fashion Addictions had the chance to interview this highly sought after hairstyling genius:

Which celebrities have you worked with?
I have worked with a number of celebrities, including Naomi Campbell, Ashanti, Sheryl Crow, Alicia Keys, and Rihanna.

How did you get started with your career and what do you love about it?
My career started in salons after graduating from hair school, and after a few years, I began working the fashion show circuit. I got introduced to industry icon Odile, and worked with her on the Haute Couture shows. I loved working in hair because I get to go to such fabulous places and meet wonderful people.

When is your specialty?
Well, I am known for my extension work. I have worked on so many celebs and models, and they all primarily get extensions.

Do you have any hair tips healthier hair/managing "difficult" hair?
I tell all of my clients to make sure their hair is clean. That is the most important tip, especially for black women. You should wash your hair at least once a week, and take care great care of your scalp to maintain optimal hair growth. You should also invest in quality tools, such as a powerful hair dryer and flat iron. In terms if hair products, I don’t think you should spend a lot of money. Wrapping your hair in a silk scarf is also a great way to protect your while you sleep.

What are your favorite haircare brands and styling products?
But I do love my Rene Furterer dry shampoo, especially for those women who work out a lot—it sops up so much oil and leaves your hair smelling fresh. I am also partial to my own Amoy Couture Hair serum to add shine and to protect your hair from the elements.

How can clients arrange appointments with you?
I work in the salon 5 days a week, and always welcome new clients!

Contact information:
Amoy Couture Salon
Amoy Pitters
974 Lexington Avenue
NY NY
Ph: 212 529-5153
http://www.amoycouturehair.com/


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...