08 October 2010

FOTD Fridays: Pink & Purple

From now on I want to try and do a FOTD every Friday. I'm usually never one to do bright looks and always lean towards neutrals because they're classy & easy to get done when I'm in a hurry, but lately I've finally started experimenting with my Coastal Scents palette in my free time. (Yeah, wow like after a whole year of having it!) The best way to really get these to apply bright is by using them wet.

What has inspired me? Well, bloggers of course, who never fail to wow me with their intricate looks and confidence while showcasing their works of facial art. :)


Here's me trying my first bright EOTD--> a smokey purple and pink look:

Without flash
With flash

Tutorial:

Step 1.: NYX Jumbo pencil in Milk (all over lid and crease) and filled in brows.

Step 2: From Coastal Scents 88 Matte Palette:
*Medium purple (A) applied wet and patted on lid
*Applied  dark purple (C) in and above crease
*Applied black (D) in a fine line to darken crease; then blended out
*Applied pink (B) into inner half of eyelid
*Faded out crease with medium purple (A)
*Applied pink (B) and dark purple (C) to lower lash-line
*Beige (E) applied to highlight brow

Step 3: MAC Shroom (a sheer champagne shimmer) applied over brow bone.

Step 4: Under Eye concealer to cover any fall out.

Step 5: Maybelline Collosal eyeshadow, Liquid liner and lower lashine where lined.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...