Don’t sacrifice your beauty because of cold weather! Bone-dry hands and chapped lips are all too frequent this time of year, but Prevention magazine has the solutions.
And don’t forget about those eyes, especially when wanting to brighten up your dull looking skin during the winter months. Below you'll find a list of the season’s inventive new mascaras that will fulfill your lash fantasies.
Step 1: Exfoliate – Slough with a gentle, oil-infused scrub like:
· Freeman Bare Hands Hand & Cuticle Renewal Scrub ($4; drugstores).
Step 2: Slather
· Aveda Hand Relief ($7.50; aveda.com)
Step 3: Wrap – Cotton gloves (or even plastic wrap) lock in moisture while body heat speeds treatment.
LIP COLOR FAVORITES
· L’Oréal Paris Infallible Never Fail Lipcolour Compact ($12; drugstores),
· Jane Iredale Lip Fixation ($29; shop.janeiredale.com)
· Mark Gloss Gorgeous Stay-On Lip Stain ($9; meetmark.com) – a clever 2-in-1 formula.
1. Pump the Volume
· Maybelline New York One-by-One Mascara ($8; drugstores)
2. Fanned Out
· L’Oréal Paris Telescopic Explosion Mascara in Carbon Black ($6.99; Ulta).
3. Curly Cue
· Flirt! It Curl ($14; kohls.com)
4. No Running!
· CoverGirl LashBlast Volume in Waterproof ($8; drugstores).
5. Go Long
· Revlon CustomEyes Mascara ($9; drugstores)
GROW FOR IT!
OTC lash enhancers provide conditioning benefits to prevent breakage and slow the fallout rate. Try:
· Revitalash (RevitaLash), which claims to boost lash length and is used by Kim Kardashian.
· Wet ‘n Wild Clinical Serum ($7; Walgreens)
Applying only at the tips.
· Start each stroke at the very roots of lashes says. If you coat the tips only, you won’t get as much length and you’ll weigh down the curl
Overdoing it on bottom lashes.
· You want to tint lower lashes, not add length or volume says Ahnert unnatural. Try:
o Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara ($10; clinique.com)
Leaving it on overnight.
· Sleeping in mascara causes lashes to dry out and break. Keep towelettes approved for the eye area, such as:
o Garnier The Refreshing Remover Cleansing Towelettes ($6; drugstores)