08 April 2010

My latest Sephora purchases

Hey guys! Sorry for the long hiatus. But I'm back... from my Miami girls vacation with goodies and hauls to show in upcoming posts. It was my first girls get away and boy did I have a blast.

One of my stops was obviously at Sephora, and I'm lovin' the new stuff.


First up is the Anastasia Brow Wax pencil. If you have dark and unruly black brows like me, you know it can be hard to get them looking neat without looking too dark. I mean let's face it: too much pencilling in and I end up looking like Oscar........... 
I was surprised when I tried this out in the Sephora store and noticed how the pencil immediately slicked my brow hairs into place, preparing them to be filled in only where necessary. It looks and feels like one of those crayons I used to use as a toddler. Not only that, but the effect lasts thru-out the day and it leaves brow hairs soft and conditioned.. No flaking and it looks so natural.
Though I find it pricey for $21, it's still something I don't think I could do without... not after seeing the results.

Next, I got the Korres Lip Butter in Mango ($10). I don't feel it gives the best relief for, say, chapped and dry lips. But it does give you this fresh faced peachy/coral lip color and leaves lips looking hydrated.
A few other things I didn't like about it are the fact that you have to dip your fingers in and smear it on your lips, which isn't very hygenic (-----> Want a better alternative? Korres has the exact same product in lipstick form! My review of it here.)
Also, the jar gives the illusion that you're getting a ton of product, till you open it up and see how little there really is--- but the jar does last long so that's a relief.

Nonetheless, I'm in love with the tint of color it leaves behind as well as the natural juicy-factor it adds to my lips, which is why I can't wait to purchase my next one.


And lastly I picked up Benefit EyeBright. I wasn't sure what to expect due to the mixed reviews on Makeupalley.com. It's not something I couldn't do without. The color is that of a pink highlighter in pencil form (think Benefits High Beam) and I use it after my concealer to brighten up dark eye circles. Then I need to go over with my foundation and/or powder to tone down the pinkness of it and make eyes look more natural. The overall effect is slightly less dark under eyes.
This pencil can also be used on the waterline to brighten eyes and as a brow highlight, but I don't like how it looks on me.
Verdict: I'm still on the fence about it.



Have you tried any of these?
What are your latest HG products?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...