Supposed to depict a female version of me doing lunges, ha ha...-->
They've been all over runways this year, from Prada to Marc Jacobs, magazine covers and go way back to the pin up girls era, including all the sexiness it exuded.
- Apple shaped ladies, stay far far away from the high waisted variations of this trend. High waists tend to emphasize any problem areas around the stomach ("tummy pooch").
- Ladies: get your wax/shave/lasering on! No one wants to see hair peeking out of the bikini region or stubble.
- This goes without saying, but your legs are going to be getting most of the attention. Keep legs looking lean and sexy by exfoliating, applying a fake tanner and moisturizing.
- Look for a negative hemline curves up your outer thigh. Around the back, it should follow the contour of your tush.
- Wear them with a skinny waist belt to add some flare. This will also make for less of the "I forgot my pants at home" look.
- Wearing high (preferably) strappy heels give a slimming effect to the silhouette and make for a more sophisticated look.
- Pair with tights to reduce the impact of baring so much flesh, and also keeping warm if you live in cooler countries.
- Watch out for the camel toe! This is a good reason to go for looser shorts.
- Balance out the silhouette by covering up on top. A billowy blouse, a slouchy top or a sloppy boyfriend blazer will add some sophistication.