06 March 2010

Too Faced Shadow Insurance Review



I thought about getting the much talked about Urban Decay Primer Potion, but then I figured the packaging of this one was way better and fuss free. I have very oily lids so a product like this was a must have.

A few reasons why I prefer Too Faced Shadow Insurance better then the Urban Decay Primer Potion:
-the tube is very easy to get all the product out and you won't need to cut open any packages/tubes.
-a little goes a long way. All you need are 2-3 dots to cover you're entire browbone and lid. It also dries quickly and you're ready to go.

-since it doesn't have a sponge tip, and the product comes straight out of the tube, it's much more hygenic. Sponges can create bacteria. And you just use your fingers to blend and apply.


Other things I liked about this is that my eyeshadow doesn't crease, even after I once fell asleep with all my make up on! Crazy. I've read some reviews where people say this product sucks and does creases but honestly, I don't understand how that could be possible. As soon as it dries, it transforms into a matte/dry finish and my lids never get oily when I have this on. Plus it intensifies shadow colors.

My only complaint is that the product can separate: when you squeeze some out you get a clear liquid first, so it's best to smush the product around in the tube before using so it mixes.
I use it with my cheaper eyeshadows like Coastal Scents eyeshadows, Revlon and Boots No7.
Have you tried this one? Which is your favorite shadow primer?

**I just read somewhere people use this as a lip primer.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I need someone to do some sort of competition b/c I know I have the greasiest lids around! I need to try this, UDPP, Loreals DeCrease, & Smashboxes.

I have used MAC's paint pots, paints, HIP paints, & mary kay primers, none did a thing for me, I was greased up within 2 hours...maybe less.

I will try this out :)

MyFashionAddictions said...

Great! I definitly recommend since my skin gets Very oily and it works.
I haven't tried any of the other ones, but I read on another blog (can't remember which one) that this one, UDPP and smashbox where all great. But the Smashbox one was more liked as it also contains a light tint to even out skin tone.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I love primer! I still have a tube that I (sadly) bought about 10 years ago. Its just lasted so long, in fact, longer than the company. I bought it from a small store called Skinmarket that went out of business. That was the best shop ever though, they let you test everything!

MyFashionAddictions said...

Woah! That's actually very true. My primers last me AGES too. This primer I always only use like a dot. Same with face primers.
I think if you use too much it just makes you face oily too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...