07 November 2009

L'oreal Voluminous Mascara review and pictures

I'd tried this mascara years ago, but didn't used to think much of it. So when my last mascara finished I was eager to try this one again and see what so many Youtube make up guru's are raving about. I got it in Soft Black since that's was the only color available at my local drugstore.

What it claims: Voluminous Original Volume Building Mascara is uniquely formulated to build lashes to 5x their natural thickness for a full and dramatic lash look. Patented Volume-Maximizing Brush thickens lashes smoothly and evenly, leaving them soft with virtually no flakes, smudges or clumps.
  • Clump-resistant
  • Fragrance-free
  • Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
  • Opthamologist tested and allergy-tested.

Price: Very reasonable. I got it for $6.00 but you could get it for less.


Clump-factor: as long as you don't try and do multiple coats you should be ok. I find that at the second coat - if you wait too long - you'll already begin seeing clumps, so work fast and do 2 coats at once.


Color: I got it in Soft Black, and now really wish I'd gotten it in Blackest black. Not that it makes a huge difference, but Soft Black looks a bit like charcoal grey. Good if you don't want too dark of a look, but personally I love it for night time.


Lenght: Some people have reported/commented that this mascara makes their lashes TOO straight ("terantula lashes") but this can easily be fixed with an eye lash curler.


Thickness: I don't find it adds thickness to my lashes. It does make them look slightly fuller though and more fanned out.


Removal: So easy! Maybe because for the past months I'd been using waterproof mascara's (duh!) but removing this mascara is like a dream. I use extra virgin olive oil and it comes off rather quickly.


Overal verdict: Yes I'd buy it again and recommend it to everyone! It's now my go-to mascara. The packaging is a bit boring but I can live with it. I agree with some reviewers that the brush could have also been less fat so you can better get into the outer lashes/eye corners. I'm thinking of combining this with other mascaras.

The only thing I can say is that this mascara gives such dramatic lashes, I'd rather only  use it for night time.

Here you have the full look (eye liner, brows slightly filled in and Voluminous Mascara):

Does it live up to what it claims?
Have you tried it?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...