12 June 2008

How To Stop Biting Nails And Grow Long Nails

I have never had the best nails; always a biter and when I finally stop the biting, they don't grow strong enough.

Atleast I finally figured out a way to grow my nails long and it's really a few very simple things you can do.

1. Keep reminding yourself NOT to bite them- and no I'm not being sarcastic. One option is to spend a few bucks on those bitter nail treatments: everytime you stick that nail near your mouth you'll be reminded right away to stop, by the bitter god awful taste. Just be carefull not to apply before eating fruit or other finger foods... I had to learn the hard way.


2. Get inspired by other people with pretty nails. I check out nail art pictures, beautifully painted and shaped nailes ever so often. The more new styles I see, the more I want to also be able to get the look.

3. Keep your nails painted and groomed. The day I decided enough was enough I bought a nail buffer, and gave myself a manicure. I buffed, filed and painted my nails with a clear, shiny coat. They looked better already and since then I did bite a few times, but trust me.. it's not even near noticeable. The more you take care of your hands and nails, the less damage you'll want to do to them.

4. Massage your nails with olive oil whenever you can. This boosts circulation and is said to help nails grow a bit quicker.

5. Milk is said to be good for nails so watch your diet. Eat/drink healthy.

6. Last but not least, this is the one thing which helped me more then all the others: I walk around everywhere with a nail file in my purse). Anytime my nail tears/begins to tear or if I bite it I stop any further damage then and there and "fix" it.Check out my other important tips when it comes to nails.


If you have long nails- what's your "secret" or #1 beauty tip?






2 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I am right there with ya! I don't bite my nails, but I do tear and peel them. I find that a French manicure helps me more than traditional polish, and they grow faster too since I'm not messing with them.

PS...I tagged you on my blog. Feel free to participate if you choose =)

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to grow mine out...but since i started bitting my nils when i was like 5 it's hard. When they start growing I'm like wow! Then i find myself tring to corect them, straightening, they end up biten off or shaved down. Then i'm back to where i started.

*Ive found that having a bold color on your nails (nubs ;)) helps trigger that reminder!*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...