26 April 2008

Watermelon Face Mask

Verdict: I have oily skin. Your supposed to "crush the watermelon/mash it and then apply to face."

Now, unless you have someone applying it for you this method doesn't work. I think a better idea would be to just take a small 1 inch cube and run it all over your face, or just apply the juice which drips after you mash it.
I applied the juice which was cold, so it felt nice and refreshing. Smelled great too.Then I lay down for about 10 minutes and relaxed, then rinsed off. It left my skin soft and clean.:) I *think* my pores are a bit tighter, but nothing too noticable.

I think these 1-fruit-face masks are great pick me ups but maybe not as good as the ones with more ingredients.
Still.. I would use this one again if I had watermelon lying around the house. This mask was easy to prepare and refreshing.
Here is another skin home made trick which uses watermelon:

Watermelon Toner
Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons fresh watermelon juice
1 Tablespoon vodka
2 Tablespoons witch hazel
2 Tablespoons distilled water

Instructions:
Strain the watermelon juice to get rid of seeds and fruit pulp. Combine all ingredients in small bowl and stir well. Pour into clean containers with tight-fitting lids. To use: pour a small amount on a clean cotton pad and apply to face. Rinse off with cool water after a few minutes.
Store in fridge between uses to retain freshness. Will keep approximately one week.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...